Waikato New Works Incubator
& our people
Do you have an idea for a new performing arts work?
Do you want support and mentoring to grow and develop that work?
Are you interested in getting your work to production ready in a 12 month timeframe?
The Waikato New Works Incubator is an exciting new performing arts development programme to build capability and capacity of Waikato performing arts. In other words, it’s a project designed specifically to bring more of our stories and our people to the stage with the skills they need to succeed.
The programme will nurture the development of new, high quality, locally created Waikato performing arts works. It’s been made possible because of a partnership between Creative New Zealand, Creative Waikato and Waikato performing arts venues, events, educators and industry specialists.
Approximate Dates and Timing
Applications Open: 1 October 2018
Applications Close: 1 November 2018
Acceptance Notification: Late November 2018
First Workshops: January 2019
Second Round Workshops: March 2019
Final Works Selection: May/June 2019
To be eligible for participation in the New Works Incubator you must:
- Be Waikato based. If you are a team, over 80% of your group must be based here
- Have a new work that is in the genre of Performing Arts (e.g. theatre, ngā toi Māori, music, spoken word, dance etc.)
- Must be able to clearly articulate an original idea for a performance concept
- It must be a new and original work, an idea or in early development concept
- That the project has not already received funding from Creative New Zealand (including Creative Community Scheme)
Entries that have some of the following will be of particular interest but are not essential:
- Local stories, Waikato people, Waikato stories
- Ideas that can integrate and incorporate other arts genres
- Representation from a wide range of communities (diversity, ethnicity, identify, accessibility)
- Works from Māori and Pacific communities
- Your ability to demonstrate a real willingness to develop your work, to listen, appreciate and incorporate feedback as appropriate
Download the Application Form
- This one gives you all the information you need
- This one is an editable Word document which you should use to make your application
You probably have questions - and we've tried to guess what they'd be:
Frequently Asked Questions - We will add to these as we go.
Don't hesitate to get in touch if you have any questions (but do check out the FAQ page first just in case).
Phone 0508 427 892