Home > Costume & Textile Annual Symposium, 'Fibre: Connecting People'
Costume & Textile Annual Symposium, 'Fibre: Connecting People'
The Costume & Textile Association of New Zealand, 2017 Symposium, Fibre: Connecting People
Friday 19th – Saturday 20th May 2017
Waikato Museum | Te Whare Taonga o Waikato, Hamilton.
Official opening in conjunction with the exhibition Fibre: Connecting People
Thursday 18th May, 5.30 at the Waikato Museum | Te Whare Taonga o Waikato
The exhibition opening will be followed by two days of papers exploring perspectives of Fibre: Connecting People, in particular, the compounding influences that the diverse migration of peoples to New Zealand have had on fashion, costume, textiles, fibre, art and crafts.
Full registration details available here:
Registration fees include morning and afternoon tea and lunches.
Symposium Dinner (Optional) $60
Membership with CTANZ is:
The Costume and Textile Association of New Zealand was established in 2002 (as the New Zealand Costume & Textile Section of the Auckland Museum Institute) to meet the need for a national organisation to provide a forum for the study, research and conservation of dress and textiles.
Its aims and objectives are:
• to promote interest in all aspects of historical and contemporary dress and textiles
• to foster the study of, and research into, New Zealand and international dress and textiles
• to encourage the conservation of dress and textiles in New Zealand
• to foster the spirit of mutual helpfulness among the Association’s members
• to hold an annual symposium to present papers representing current research on all aspects of dress and textiles
The Association’s members include museum, gallery and fashion professionals, craft practitioners, historians, writers, and others who share a stronger than average interest in all aspects of dress and textiles.
Sign up to the Creative Waikato e‑newsletter for the latest news and events