- For creatives
- Workshops / ArtReach
- Developing Audiences
Create a love affair between the arts in your town and audiences
Learn how to encourage and assist people in your community to become engaged in the arts and more deeply involved in the arts. We want to help you create a love affair between the arts in your town and audiences.
This hands-on, interactive workshop will cover:
- Understanding what audience development is
- The difference between audience development and marketing
- How do you know who your audience is?
- Market research
- What prevents audiences from engaging?
- Identifying potential audiences
- Getting audience members along more often, or to new shows
ArtReach workshops are designed to ensure that artists and arts organisers are equipped with the skills and confidence they need to succeed in their chosen field.
These workshops have been created by artists, for artists. The content is based on the experience of Creative Waikato staff who are also creative practitioners and from what we have learned working with hundreds creative people throughout the Waikato region.
We make the workshops affordable, interactive, practical, and relevant. Participants work on their own projects during the workshops, so they can immediately apply learnings in the real world.