In the wake of the unprecedented challenges posed by the pandemic there have been continued disruptions experienced by many festival organisers. These challenges have also reverberated through the attendance of festivals and local events over the last few years. From cultural celebrations to arts-focused events, the impact of the pandemic has been profound. Recognising the importance of nurturing and preserving these integral components of our society, we are excited to introduce the Hamilton City Council CCS Festival Fund.
This one-of-a-kind CCS fund opens 21st September 2023 and seeks to reinvigorate and sustain established festivals that showcase Kirikiriroa’s rich tapestry of arts experiences, stories, and cultural experiences.
This funding boost, made possible by the government and Creative NZ, serves as a means to empower festivals to adapt, overcome challenges, and flourish once more. It is designed to enhance access, equity, and arts participation and foster the growth of a resilient and sustainable arts sector here in Kirikiriroa.
If you want to create an application that aligns well with the CCS Festival Fund’s goals, here is some key information.
- You must have delivered a festival at least once in the previous five years.
- Your festival must involve an integrated programme of events and activities featuring one or more art forms.
- Festivals can apply for operational, commissioning, development, and presentation costs.
- It must take place in Kirikiriroa within 12 months of a successful application.
- Your festival must demonstrate how it illuminates and celebrates the life experiences, stories, and cultures in Kirikiriroa.
- Your festival should contain strategies that enhance access, promote equity, and broaden arts participation to ensure that the festival’s benefits extend far and wide.
- Highlight your festival plans that contribute to long-term resilience and sustainability and showcase a commitment to a vibrant arts sector that endures.
- It is a resounding testament to the enduring spirit of creativity and the power of festivals to unite, uplift, and heal communities. Through the CCS Festival Fund, the Hamilton City Council invites festival organisers to harness support, unleash their creativity, and weave a vibrant tapestry that captures the essence of Kirikiriroa.
The funding round closes at 5pm on Friday 20th October 2023.
Applications to the Creative Communities Scheme can be made through the Council’s online funding application system.
For more information about the scheme or to arrange an appointment with a funding advisor, contact Creative Waikato at firstname.lastname@example.org or 0508 427 892.