Opportunity knocks for lovers of the creative!
A chance to share your experience to support the funding of Kirikiriroa’s creative projects on the Hamilton City Council Creative Communities Scheme (HCC CCS) Funding Committee – and the call for nominations is open now.
As some of the current HCC CCS Funding committee assessor’s terms come to their expected end, we invite new and invigorating committee members to join the committee. Join us, to share your perspectives on what creative projects will get funding to help bring exciting and meaningful experiences to Kirikiriroa/Hamilton communities, and support community wellbeing.
When you join the committee, you are investing time and as a volunteer, giving back to your community. In return, this investment provides an excellent chance to connect with people who share creative interests, develop knowledge of funding, and contribute to the enrichment of communities.
CCS first began in 1995, when a partnership between Creative New Zealand and local governments, including the Hamilton City Council, brought about the Creative Communities Scheme. The Hamilton CCS funding is administered by Creative Waikato funding on behalf of the council, while Creative New Zealand is responsible for overseeing the scheme and providing the funding. This collaboration has enabled the community to benefit from the scheme’s resources and support.
Are you going to answer the knock at the door? If you’re interested in self-nominating or nominating someone you know, here is some of the key info.
You’ll help assess applications for funding from artistic individuals and community groups, and attend assessment committee meetings twice a year.
Who is needed?
We are looking for a committee with a broad knowledge of arts activity in Hamilton City.
- People who are invested in the Kirikiriroa arts ecosystem
- People who have experience in forms of art
- People who could introduce a cultural and creatively diverse viewpoint relevant to the arts
- People of all ages are encouraged to participate
As a committee member, your responsibilities include:
- Online assessment of CCS applications twice per year (March and September)
- Attending a 3-hour grant allocation meeting twice per year (April and October)
- Discussing and making recommendations for promoting the scheme locally
- Attending performances, exhibitions and other events funded by the CCS
- Attending meetings organised by Creative New Zealand
- Nominations close: Wednesday 23rd August 2023
- Successful committee members notified: Monday 4th September 2023
- First induction meeting for the committee: Thursday 7th September 2023
- First Grant Allocation meeting: Week of 11th – 13th October 2023
Community representatives may serve for a term of up to 3 years and can serve a maximum of two consecutive terms.
Being on a CCS funding committee doesn’t stop you from being eligible to also apply for funding for your own creative projects. There are conflict of interest processes in place, so you can be an active creative and also be an assessment committee member.
If you are ready to share your gifts with the Kirikiriroa creative community, or know someone you think might be interested, download the nomination form below and return to email@example.com before the closing date.
**Please note this form is a Microsoft Word Document